Friday, May 11, 2012

q group 3 Best Book EVER

The best book I ever read in English was The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. How can you not love it? It has everything you can possible want in a book. It has drama when Prim name is drawn at the reaping. It also has romance between Peeta and Katniss. I like how in book Katniss has a good amount of flashbacks to give us a better understanding who she is. I won’t give any specific examples accept the one flashback back when her father got trapped in coal mines.  That was extremely important what she had gone through.  I love the way they show her relationship between her and her mother. It shows us why she can’t trust or depend on other people. I can relate to that feeling of being afraid that if you trust someone to much that they might betray you or they won’t be there for you. It also has some very gory parts in it. The reason why I like it because it didn’t glaze over the gory parts of the book.  I hate it when authors try to do that. Why pretend that everything isn’t as bad as it seems? Another reason why I like it so much was because the ending was all happily ever after.  Sometime it is ok to have that kind of ending but not always. We as humans know nothing is ever going be hundred percent perfect. I love the suspense if Katniss was going to win the games or not. I couldn’t imagine being thrown in an arena and having to defend myself against 23 other people who want me dead.  I hope are society will never turn into something like this. If so I hope we are strong and brave enough to stand up and fight against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment