Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Taming of the Shrew 12/20-12/24

  
         I just finish reading the Taming of the Shrew. I was never a big fan of Shakespeare work. When I read Romeo and Juliet I though wow that wasn’t that great. Everyone always was saying that is one the most amazing plays of all time. Will that was big lie. When we started reading the Taming of the Shrew, I thought it might be a really good back. I was hoping the girl Katharina would stand dup to the men in the end and all the females would join her. No that didn’t happen in the end she becomes the most obedient pet out of all of them. What happen? Just because she lost some sleep and didn’t eat food awhile she gave up. That is the lamest ending ever. Shakespeare has no real respect for woman. He makes Juliet die, he makes Katharina become obedient pet and all other woman is lower than their husbands. This makes me think was really that bad back then? If so I’m so glad that I was not born back then. If so was I feeling so sorry for any lame guy who thinks he can tame me. I will kick his butt all the way to the next century.  Next year I hope we won’t read anymore Shakespeare next year. I’m not a fan of reading something in very old English and it isn’t that hard to understand but there are some parts your thinking “What is going on”. Will now I like Romeo and Juliet way better than the Taming of the Shrew. At least in the end Romeo didn’t make Juliet all obedient. Now I kind a like it now. Also I already said it ten times, but I hate making up our own ideas. We waste time sitting here thinking of an idea.      

No comments:

Post a Comment