Wednesday, March 7, 2012

m group 1 I am not Irish

I am not Irish. If I am it’s like 0.1 percent then. When I ask my mother last night what special things we do for Saint Patrick's Day she thought I was trying to work an angle and get something out of Saint Patrick's Day. My response was no I trying to write a blog that has to be 300 words on Saint Patrick's Day and our traditions. She looked at me right in eye and told me to lie. I found that really funny. She then told me we only make some special dinner for Saint Patrick's Day and that was about it. The food we make is corn beef and sauerkraut. I believe my dad cooks this dinner mostly by himself like he does on Christmas and Thanksgiving. I guess that’s another tradition is that we make my dad do the hard cooking on holidays like Saint Patrick's Day. When I was little I always thought I was supposed to get chocolate and stuff. I was always disappointed. Oh another tradition I guess everyone in this country does including my family is to dress in green. One year in 7th grade I had green shirt on that almost had blue tint to it and green necklace and our social studies teacher would go around saying you were green you’re not. Then he reaches me I was like I’m wearing green necklace because he thought my shirt was more of turquoise color. Then he told everyone else in class they just failed. From then on I felts the pressure to wear green on Saint Patrick's Day and my family always wear green on Saint Patrick's Day because if they didn’t we would always try to pinch each other as hard as we possibly could. My dad was the worst one to be pinch by.

No comments:

Post a Comment