Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What traditions????? e group 2

My family doesn’t have any traditions for Thanksgiving beside the food. My family doesn’t like to do anything for the holidays that involve work. So I have no idea what to write about for this blog. I usually just stay in my room and out of my dads’ way when he is making the dinner. One year my dad was out of town so we couldn’t make our traditional dinner, we just got turkey subs. We still had the pumpkin pie. We always have pumpkin pie as a part of dinner as long as I can remember. It’s not homemade, it’s from the freezer. This year my dad is breaking that tradition and making me a really pumpkin pie. I have very high doubts that he is going to do it. If this pumpkin pie isn’t as good as the traditional pumpkin pie that’s ok, because we have a backup pie just in case. Traditionally my sisters usually fight or complain about doing the dishes since there is so many of them. It is also traditionally in my family for my sister and I to break the wish bone. Last year I think she won that. If you don’t know what the wish bone is. It is a bone form the turkey that is shape like a v. Then one person grabs one end while another person grabs the other. When it breaks who ever end is biggest their wish comes true. My dad usually has the pride on our TV even though no one watches it. Will there is the traditions my family does each and every year. Endless my dad is out of town, then its subs for dinner. I wish we had few more traditions but these are good for now I guess. It could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment